Whenever we uncover an unmet need in the IRD community, we roll up our sleeves and get to work. Introducing Eye Want 2 Know, a deep dive into the importance of genetic testing and the resources that will help you get started.
At aSharedVision, we try every day to shine a light on the ever-growing mandate for genetic testing. That’s why we are excited to announce the launch of a new initiative from Spark Therapeutics, Eye Want 2 Know. This robust resource not only provides answers to your questions about genetic testing, it also:
- Helps you locate a health care professional in your area who offers testing
- Provides discussion guides to use when talking to your health care professional, family, and insurer
- Offers a physician’s perspective on the importance of genetic testing for anyone with an IRD
- Features inherited retinal disease (IRD) community members describing how genetic testing affected them
- Invites you to declare #EyeWant2Know in your social media channels to help spread the word about the importance of genetic testing
The Eye Want 2 Know initiative is a natural extension of aSharedVision.com, a site we developed to create connections in the IRD community.
Eye Want 2 Know takes that mandate one step further to encourage and help in the search for you or your loved one's genetic mutation. In knowing all you can about the underlying genetic cause of an IRD, you can better understand the disease, your place in the community, and the potential to be eligible for gene therapy research. The launch of Eye Want 2 Know is just one more step toward our goal to help you make the most of your big, beautiful life. Believe us when we say: It’s our pleasure.